Facilitator Certification Training: March/April 2018 ONLINE
- Program Basics | March 27 | 7:00-8:30pm EST
- The Lesson Template | April 3 | 7:00-8:30pm EST
- The Art of Council | April 10 | 7:00-8:30pm EST
- Core Protocols | April 17 | 7:00-8:30pm EST
- The Role of a Facilitator | April 24 | 7:00-8:30pm EST
- Program Implementation & Evaluation | May 1 | 7:00-8:30pm EST
Course Information MWBs online training classes use the Zoom Web Conferencing Platform. This online classroom is user friendly and technically advanced to meet our course needs. Each week you will receive a link to access the session.
You will receive weekly emails from Mindfulness Without Borders containing the following information:
- A link to the Zoom classroom where you will be participating in the live training each week
Log in to the Course Materials Folder on the Mindfulness Without Borders website to access:
- Weekly Powerpoint slides you may use to take notes during class
- Recordings of weekly lessons in case you missed information or want to review content
- Articles, videos and recordings needed to complete your Home Assignments (articles, videos, recordings)
Best Practices for Online Learning
We look forward to connecting with you online via Zoom! Inorder to make your web conferencing experience the best possible we suggest the following:
1.Please plug your computer directly into your Ethernet or cable cord to ensure the best connection possible. Wi-Fi can be unreliable, may cause time delays and interfere with your ability to access the classroom session.
2.Use earphones or a headset to reduce echo and mitigate background noises.
3.Set up your webcam. We would love the chance to see your face if possible!
4.Remember to breath! Unfortunately, technical difficulties occur from time to time. If you run into challenges connecting online try using your breathing practice to stay calm before taking your next step.
If you need additional assistance visit the Zoom website and click on the HELP button where you can read through FAQs, trouble-shooting tips, or chat online with Zooms support staff. Visit Zoom online at
How to Participate in Class
- Raise Your Hand – Raise your hand by clicking on Participants on the bottom of the screen. Then select Raise Hand on the bottom left.
- Ask Questions- Share your questions with the group by clicking the CHAT button and typing a question in chat box anytime anytime during the course. Questions are encouraged and will be answered throughout the session. You may also send a private message to the facilitator by selecting their name in Group Chat Box.
- Talk- When you join the Zoom meeting please select Join Audio by Computer to activate the microphone on your computer. Your microphone will be come active as soon as the classroom window opens. To mute your microphone click the Mute button at the bottom left side of your screen.
- If you don’t have a microphone for your computer – click Join by Phone. Indicate the country that youre calling from. You will receive a call in number, meeting ID, and participant ID to access the session.
- Video- Your video will automatically turn on when you enter the classroom. To turn your video off simply click Stop Video at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Note Pad – We encourage you to have a notebook and pen handy for each class. You can also print off the power point slides in your course materials
“Thank you both, Theo and Leah for making this time together an enjoyable and rewarding experience. Thank you also for being so understanding of the need to make changes to accommodate our client population and the offer of on-going support as we eventually embark toward incorporating this practice in our centre programming. I also really appreciate the ability to modify the amount of weekly sessions in being mindful of participant needs to ensure the best possible outcomes. I found the format of the training prepared me to facilitate the councils effectively. At the beginning, I was really struggling with my Tuza practice but surely have now seen many benefits from it, as I am being much more aware of how busy and chaotic my mind can get, making it very difficult to function at times. With this practice, I am able to quickly take 5 min out for self-care, regroup and then get back to it with a fresh and more mindful presence.”
– Faith H, Jessie’s Centre
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self